Sunday, October 9, 2011

Complete Neglect

I know I have neglected the blog! Let this not be any indication of the work being done! actually to the contrary I've been so busy that the blog has landed in a huge pile of to dos! So today I'm attempting to catch up.
I've had a ton of work but with work comes lots of inspiration! :D. It seems that the more I read for school and go to lectures and class, I pick up on the idea of generative design or for lack of a better word... lots of trial and error. Talking about what interested me in terms of studio, my roommate David (an awesome engineer!) pointed me to a cool genetic algorithm (http://www.boxcar2d.com/version1.2.html), this completely relates to my studio which explores the idea of houses and generating many in order to find the IDEAL one!

In terms of Smart Surfaces... well so much has happen! No only are we on our final teams, but I feel like things might start getting more overwhelming. While the other projects didn't really provided me with many skills (which I believe were the goal of the small weekly projects), I did grow a level of tolerance that I think is beneficial when working with many people with many different personalities. While my technical skills in the world of electronics is not yet in the realm of where I wish to be, I hope that my social (tolerance) and communication skills are at a point that we can have a functional team.


I guess the post wouldn't be complete without saying that maybe our first attempt at being a functional team failed (turned in the order sheet way late!). But nothing we can't bounce back from! (keeping the positive attitude!). I'm actually really excited about the possibilities that lie ahead and I think if the level of commitment emerges from the group (people can't force commitment on other people), we can really accomplish something amazing! (crossing fingers!).

As part of taking a handle of all aspects of this class (meeting with people, prototyping, presentation making, making/thinking/and struggling with houses, fighting with digital project) I will (to the best of my abilities) make more contributions to my blog! :D

Lets have an AWESOME week!

No comments: